Saturday, August 16, 2008

Beach House - Heart of Chambers (Live...obv)


So yeah, blackcabsessions.com is my new favorite website, besides maybe stereogum, which is where I found it. It's basically indie artists recording songs in the back of taxi's. What a strange, awesome idea. I don't think I would have thought of it in a million years. Anyway, if you care for that kind of thing, check them out. (This isn't a youtube video, so hopefully it'll fit as nicely into the blog space as they do.)

Today I helped my brother pack up to go back to school tomorrow. I'm sad to see him go and I'll miss not having him live here, but I know he's doing what he needs to do and back at school is where he belongs. It's so weird, we used to NEVER get along as kids. We were constantly fighting. And now I think we get along pretty well. For the most part.

I set up my fish tank the other day. That's a total geek out hobby for me. I haven't gotten any fish for it yet, but I'm thinking probably in the next couple of days. I'm thinking swordtails to start out with. I've had them before and they're cool little fish. They're livebearers, which means they have live young. It's kind of fun because every so often you'll look at your fish tank and there'll be a bunch of baby fish swimming around. Of course, you have to be careful because the other fish (including the parents) will eat the babies (a modest proposal - ha), but you can usually find and catch at least a couple of the babies in order to keep them separately. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the history of the universe that could ever get excited about that, but I think it's pretty cool.

1 comment:

godspeakervortka said...

I've been pondering setting up a fish tank for awhile now, but lack the available funds, apartment space and, most of all, motivation to go through with it. Someday I'll get around to it just to see if my cats will stare at it for 24 hours straight, which will get them off my lap so I can play video games.