Friday, August 8, 2008

Middlesex

Ok, first off. I'm not particularly thrilled with any of Blogger's layouts. They all seem functional, yet kind of boring. Can anyone point me toward one that's a little nicer, but won't distort my blog completely. That would be great.

Also, I'm kind of curious how people actually even find this blog. Apparently I've had 27 page views so far, and I had one short, stupid blog. So, if anyone actually reads this blog entry, think you could let me know?

My day has been pretty uneventful so far. I had blood drawn earlier to see if they can figure out why I'm so tired all the time. $20 says they won't be able to tell me much of anything. Any takers?

So I'm reading this book called Middlesex, and it has me thinking about gender and gender identity and stuff like that. I think a lot of the problems people have with gay men stem from feminist issues. I'm sure calling them "feminist issues" is the wrong way of putting it (and maybe a feminist can correct me), but basically I think people aren't able to understand why a man would want to take the passive role in a sexual relationship. It's not really something I want to discuss in great detail, but I just thought I'd mention it.

I personally am not interested in being a woman, or dressing like a woman, but as a gay man I can understand what it's like to be discriminated against because of your sexuality and so I respect and welcome those who are interested in becoming women, or dressing like women with open arms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i found you via "bipolar hipster" on google.

middlesex is a pretty great book. you might also enjoy 'the brief wondrous life of oscar wao' by junot diaz.

(i'm also a bipolar shut-in, and an art student, which is even more insane. :)