Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dear Diary

Bloc Party - Two More Years


I really like Bloc Party. They're so 80's. I don't know, is the whole 80's thing over yet? I don't keep up with the times I guess. This guy I used to know turned me onto them, and I didn't like them the first time I heard them, but upon listening to them a few more times I'm a fan. I do that a lot. Not with people generally, just music.

Anyhow.

I didn't do all that much today. I caught some of the Olympics. It was kind of interesting. I'm almost never interested in watching sports on TV, but there's something about the Olympics that makes it bearable. Today I was thinking about how old that tradition must be. I think it goes back to the Greeks or Romans, right? That's pretty interesting. All of the athletes always seem like really good sports. I don't think I would be. I kind of wonder if when the cameras are off they really hate each other and have huge rivalries. I bet they do.

So what's the deal with people reading this shit and not leaving a comment? That's lame. I know there are some of you out there. I had 8 page views today and no comments. Lame.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes the Olympics date back to Greek times. I was actually watching an interesting special on the History channel the week before the Olympics called "The Real Olympics." It talked about how the Olympics were in Greek times (traditions and such) and how the Olympics is starting to return to it's roots. When the modern Olympics began only "gentlemen" were allowed to compete and you had to be an amateur. If you were a day laborer or did some other kind of manual labor you were not allowed to compete because the aristocrats who were competing didn't want to be shown up by someone they considered beneath them. Now anyone can compete if they qualify and the athlete's can take endorsements so they can train all the time. The same was also true in Greek times (i.e. anyone can compete and some professionals had a sponsor). The special also said there were no prizes for 2nd or 3rd place...they were obsessed with winning and people would cheat to win...like they sometimes do now...